Here is a checklist of action items to learn more about what the PTA is doing and to get involved:
- Join the PTA! Membership form
- Take the PTA’s Volunteer Skills and Interests Survey to help us learn more about you: Survey
- Check out ivolunteers, the central location to learn about volunteer needs for the PTA and other RHS parent groups: redwoodheights.ivolunteer.com
- Consider signing up for a committee – the PTA is coordinating sub-committees to support each prong of our 2013-14 three point plan – please email us or click here for more info
- Like us on Facebook
- Put the next PTA meeting on your calendar! Thursday, October 17th @ 6:30 p.m.
For more information, please email Anne Aldridge-Peacock at firstname.lastname@example.org or Amirah Raveneau-Bey at email@example.com
This year the PTA is thrilled to introduce a new to RHS program called the Reflections Arts Recognition Program. This PTA Program is a national arts recognition and achievement program for students. Over 10 million students across the nation have participated since the inception of the Arts Program in 1969.
Deadline for submissions: November 1st
Exhibition of submissions: November 15
Visit the information page to learn more about this program. Download the submission form. Deadline for submissions is November 1st. Contact Kelli Manring with any questions or if you would like to get involved with this event.
From the California State PTA website:
The Reflections Program provides an excellent opportunity for students of all ages to:
- Unleash their creative talents and be inspired
- Express themselves imaginatively in their artwork
- Experience the joy and fun of making art
- Tap into critical thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme
- Receive positive recognition for their original works of art
As an added bonus, in showcasing and celebrating student talent, the Reflections Program increases community awareness of the importance of the arts in education.
Besides pizza, we’ve a full night planned for the first PTA general meeting this Thursday, Sept 12th. Come meet friends, make friends, share food, eat and for a little PTA business.
The evening’s agenda is as follows:
6:30-7:00: Sign in, sign up, get some food, feed the kids. Then we send kiddos off to do art and watch a movie.
8:00-8:15: Dessert and Follow-up
• Intro to ‘What the PTA Does’
• Meet the PTA Board
• Presentation of the PTA’s 3 Point Plan for RHS
- Class Size
- Family Involvement
• Moving PTA Today
• Reflections Art show
• What You Can Do
At the end of the night there will be time to grab one more bite of dessert, sign up to work with one of the committees (fundraising, class size, Reflections Art night) and pick up a calendar or t-shirt or 2. We look forward to seeing you.
Everyone is invited to attend our first PTA meeting, happening THURSDAY, September 12th, at 6:30pm!
Pizza and drinks from Red Boy Pizza will be provided by the PTA, please bring a side dish/salad or dessert to feed 10-12 people as follows:
Last Name A-M – Side or Salad
Last Name N-Z – Dessert
Bring your own plates, cups and utensils to save our resources.
Please join us for some conversation to kick off the school year. Discussion will include:
– School year planning: Come hear about our 3-point plan and how you can help
– Projects and committees: Find out ways that you can volunteer
– School year goals: Learn about fundraising opportunities and bring your ideas
We will also have PTA membership forms, T-shirts and school calendars for sale, so bring your checkbook, cash or credit card!
Free childcare will be provided for the discussion portion of the meeting.
All who attend are entered into a raffle – More than one chance to win!
We hope you can join us — Your participation and ideas will make this a great year at RHS!
Questions? Email Anne Peacock Aldridge at firstname.lastname@example.org or Amirah Raveneau-Bey at email@example.com