Everything you need to know about the Big Night!
November 4, 2017 | 5:30pm to 10pm
Joaquin Miller Community Center 3594 Sanborn Dr, Oakland
Wednesday, November 1 – Auction Catalog Posted Online
The Harvest for Learning Catalog can be accessed here: Harvest for Learning 2017 Auction Catalog. Check it out for a sneak preview of parties and live auction items.
Friday, November 3 – Last Raffle Collection at School
Saturday, November 4 – Auction Night!
Check In (5:30 p.m.)
- Check in starts promptly at 5:30 p.m. You will receive your event program and bidder number.
- The PTA will host the first hour of drinks at the Dads’ Club bar.
- A casual dinner will be served around 6:30 p.m.
- A security guard will patrol the parking lot during the event. Still, be sure to lock your car and hide your valuables to discourage parking lot theft.
Bid on Parties (6:00 to 7:00 p.m.)
- The highly coveted parties will be covered up until 6:00 p.m. There is always a mad dash to sign up for parties which often fill up quickly, so get your pen ready!
- You can only use your bidder number. Do not give out your bidder number to another person. Please write your bidder number and name clearly and legibly on the sign-up sheets.
Dinner & Dessert (6:30 to 7:15 p.m.)
- We will provide dinner catered by Fist of Flour Pizza and Taco Bros Garcia.
Live Auction (7:15 p.m.)
- Our live auction will begin at approximately 7:15 p.m., while you enjoy dessert. Our Live Auctioneer will be RHS dad and reigning beer master Ryan Bezenek. He does an awesome job for us –please thank him!
- Before the live auction begins, we will hold our raffle drawing.
- The live auction presents some of the most highly desired items of the night.
- Your bidder number on the back of your program serves as your paddle –don’t lose your program!
Dance Party! (8:00-10:00 p.m.)
- Once the live auction is complete, we will clear the tables and have ourselves a dance party with In Tune Sound, Inc! Don’t like to dance? Check out the photo booth or just hang out with friends and watch!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Wait, didn’t we just have the auction? That was our on-line silent auction. The November 4th event includes the LIVE Auction –it’ll be a fun party, with a live auctioneer for our big ticket items! The Live Auction is also the only place you can bid on those awesome classroom art projects and sign up for all those amazing parties that our RHS community has come up with!
- Can I bring my kids? No. The Harvest for Learning Auction is an adults-only event.
- Why isn’t there on-site babysitting? Sorry, we looked into that, but liability and logistical issues made it infeasible.
- What should I wear? Cocktail attire is suggested, but wear whatever you feel comfortable in.
- Is there a vegetarian option for dinner? Yes! There will be vegetarian options from both vendors.
Tickets for the event will still available at the door (for a higher price than if you buy online), so come join us and have a great evening with your fellow parents and staff and support our school.
Please remember all proceeds from the auction go directly to supporting the many great programs RHS offers to your children!
Any questions? Want to help plan next year’s event? We need you!
Please contact Darren Raveneau at dcrav17@ gmail.com.
Click the following link to see the 2016 Harvest for Learning Auction video for sights from last year’s event.