Everything you need to know about the Big Night!
November 5, 2016 | 5:30pm to 10pm | Mills College
It’s happening THIS Saturday! Please review “What to Expect” for more information about the big night, FAQs, and directions to Mills College Student Union. If you haven’t been there before, please be sure to look at the map, it gets dark on campus and there are lots of winding paths. If you haven’t done so, you can purchase tickets here.
Tickets are $40 each until 6:00p Friday. The price goes up to $45 at the door.
The 2016 Catalog is here! Check it out to see what kinds of live auction items are up for bid, as well as what parties you can sign up for!
Thank you and hope to see you all there!
Here’s the scoop! All items in the auction are donated by people in the community. Many local businesses donate items but some things come from amazing parents just like you! Sure, you can bid on that “Dinner at Olivetto”, but you also might be just as interested in the “Ride to and from the airport” that your child’s friend’s parents creatively came up with! Or you may like that “Custom Birthday Cake” donation for that special occasion you just don’t have the time to make.
And of course, we will have sign up boards for the always popular auction parties!
When and where is the auction?
When: Saturday, November 5, 2016
Where: Mills College, Student Union. Located at 5000 MacArthur Blvd. For more information on directions and a map check here.
This is our biggest fundraiser of the year, and if you have never been, you’re in for a real treat.
Here is the down and dirty for those who are new to the RHS auction.
Here’s what’s happening this year:
- Casual dinner and dessert
- Wine, beer and soft drinks at the Dad’s Club Cash Bar
- After the dinner and live auction, a dance party! It’s a kid-free evening, so bring your dancing shoes and let your hair down!
There will be an on-line silent auction, a live auction and raffle drawing.
- The silent auction will be on-line this year! We will kick off the on-line auction on October 22 (the day of the school Carnival). The on-line auction will be available to our entire RHS community and will give people a chance to bid on a wide variety of items and services (at a wide variety of prices!)
- Raffle winners are announced at the auction. You don’t have to be present to win. Raffle tickets will be available for purchase for several weeks before the auction, or you can buy raffle tickets throughout the evening of the auction from our 7th grade alumni. Last year we raised over $10,000 with the raffle alone.
- The live auction, officiated by a professional auctioneer, highlights those bigger ticket items. Some amazing vacation spots, gourmet dinners, special events, wines and services are purchased by the highest bidder. It’s fast, furious and lots of fun!
What items are up for bid?
Take a look at the auction items available this year! Check the catalog listing the live auction items and sign-up parties.
A few suggestions…
- The on-line silent auction will go live October 22! Check back then for a link to the on-line auction.
- Invitations are out! Please check your child’s backpack. Tickets for the auction are available for purchase on-line again this year. To purchase tickets, go to: http://events.readysetauction.com/redwoodheightspta/auction2016
- Right before the auction, check out the official Auction Catalog online. Look for the link on the website a week before the event. You can peruse all those amazing parties and live auction items so you can be prepared!
How can I get involved?
Please email the auction coordinator Kim Foss at firstname.lastname@example.org and find out how you can help with this year’s auction. Whether this is your first year or last year at Redwood Heights, or somewhere in between, everyone is welcome and encouraged to volunteer!
How do I make a donation to the auction?